Police Recorded Road Accidents 2017
Welsh Government has published information on the severity of injury and type of road user for the year 2017.
- In 2017 there were 4,556 road accidents involving personal injury recorded by the police, a reduction of 365 on 2016 (7.4 per cent reduction).
- These recorded accidents resulted in 6,202 casualties, which was 651 fewer than in 2016.
Within the 6,202 casualties:
- 103 people were killed on Welsh Roads, which was the same as in 2016.
- 961 people were seriously injured, which was 44 fewer (4.4 per cent fewer) than in 2016.
- 5,138 people were slightly injured, which was 607 fewer (10.6 per cent fewer) than 2016.
See the report here