Road Safety Wales Social Media Competition
To promote the Fatal 5 message, schools, colleges and youth organisations are invited to devise, perform and record a short film that will warn of the dangers and consequences of drink/drug driving, excess speed, careless driving, not wearing a seatbelt and using a mobile phone whilst driving. The winning entries will be shared on Road Safety Wales Partner social media channels to raise awareness about the Fatal 5.
- Team members should be aged between 11 and 25.
- The presentation must be under 30 seconds in length and can include any of the following:
- Musical performance
- Entries should be submitted to Road Safety Wales, 2 Cwrt-y-Parc, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5GH on DVD or to email@example.com in MP4/WMV format via WeTransfer.
- Entries should be accompanied by a short written summary describing the experience of creating the film and how it could be used to raise awareness of the Fatal 5.
- Any music, product or artwork included must be original and not subject to copyright laws or discriminate toward any individual, company or organisation (such as showing alcohol or cigarette brands).
- The presentation will be judged on originality, performance, impact and the message being portrayed.
Winning entries will be selected up to 4 times a year and successful teams will receive £250 for the school, college or organisation in Wales that they represent along with a commemorative plaque. Where appropriate, other entries may be rolled over for consideration within the next round of judging.
Closing dates for entries are as follows:
- Friday 3rd July 2020
- Friday 23rd October 2020
- Friday 15th January 2021
At the discretion of Road Safety Wales, exceptional entries will be considered for an annual prize consisting of an additional £250.